Do Your Own Walk.
We know not everyone can take part in the full-time walk or the official community walks, but you can do your own walk during the month of March and walk 7.9KMS.
The challenge is to walk 7.9km to represent the 79 Exons in the dystrophin gene, just one mistake in this gene can cause Duchenne muscular dystrophy. The aim of the Walk 4 Duchenne is to raise awareness, unite the community and raise vital funds in our fight for a cure.
Ages 0 - 6
- No apparel supplied
- A yellow or blue shirt can be worn on the day
Aged 7 - 17
- Supporter Hat
- Walk 4 Duchenne T-Shirt
- Supporter Hat
- Walk 4 Duchenne T-Shirt
Terms & Conditions
By registering to attend the Walk 4 Duchenne event, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- I declare, as a condition of entry into the 2020 Walk 4 Duchenne community walk that I am not aware of any illness, injury, physical disability or impairment which may cause me injury or death during or as a consequence of event participation.
- The decision to participate is entirely my own and I accept all risks associated with participation in the event, including but not limited to loss of life or permanent injury.
- I, for myself and my heirs and executors, hereby waive, release and forever discharge the event organisers, sponsors, promoters, service providers and each of their agents, representatives, successors and assigns, and all other persons associated with the event, for all my liabilities, claims, actions or damages that I may have against them arising out of or in any way connected with my participation in this event.
- I agree to abide by all event rules and conditions. I understand that I must follow the approved course, observe traffic rules and obey all directions and instructions given by event officials, course supervisors and directional marshals. I acknowledge that I must wear the official Walk 4 Duchenne shirt and hat provided to me as part of registration. No roller skates, roller blades, hand cycles, geared vehicles, skateboards, bicycles, scooters, or accessories that may cause injury are permitted and as such, I will not bring or allow my team to bring, such items.
- I acknowledge that Save Our Sons Duchenne Foundation or its representative may remove me from the event area and/or exclude me from participation in the event (a) if my behaviour is inappropriate, offensive, or abusive, (b) to prevent damage to any property, (c) on medical or health and safety grounds (including to prevent possible harm or injury to myself or any other person), (d) to prevent or arrest any form of unauthorised marketing, including ambush marketing, or (e) if consumption of drugs and/or alcohol is suspected as the use of drugs and alcohol is prohibited at this event.
- I agree that my entry in the event is not transferable and that no other person is permitted to participate in the event in my place. I agree that I must not sell (or offer to sell) my entry into the event or otherwise transfer my entry into the event for any form of compensation.
- I acknowledge that refunds of entry fees will not be issued for change of mind or inability to attend. Refunds prior to the event may be considered for major medical or personal reasons by contacting the Save Our Sons team.
- I acknowledge that the event organisers reserve the right to cancel the event at any time if we consider this is required due to any sort of dangerous conditions and/or force majeure. In the event of cancellation, there will be no refund of entry fee unless otherwise determined by Save Our Sons Duchenne Foundation in its sole discretion and the cancelled event may not be re-scheduled. A decision will be made ASAP on race day and broadcast via the event website and/or official social media channels.
- I consent to the publication and/or use in any form of media whatsoever of my name, race result, image, voice, statement or otherwise, (including the publication of my name and/or event result and applicable age bracket on the event website and social media) without payment or compensation. I understand and agree that this consent is carried forward beyond the life of the current event and that as a result, images, results etc. pertaining to me may be used to promote future events, provide historical references etc. at the event organisers discretion.
- I consent to Save Our Sons Duchenne Foundation entering my personal details contained on this entry form into a database which will be used for the administration of the event, including to SMS event information to me if I have provided a mobile phone number. Unless otherwise indicated by me on this entry form, I also consent to my personal details being used by Save Our Sons Duchenne Foundation events for future marketing and promotional purposes.
- I certify that I am 18 years or older, or that I am the parent/legal guardian of the participant who is under the age of 18 years, and I have read this document and fully understand it. As a parent or legal guardian, I agree to these terms and conditions for and on behalf of the participant.
- If I am a team leader or registering multiple people, I certify that I have made all people on my registration aware of these terms and conditions, and that agreeing with them themselves, they have authorised me to register on their behalf.
- I declare that all the information supplied by me for registration, is true and correct.